Every woman craves for a beautiful, radiant, and flawless complexion. Skin darkening due to sun exposure and hyperpigmentation, and the development of dark or brown spots are some common skin problems that can make the skin dull and lifeless.
The natural process of aging, and the damage caused by pollution can also make your skin dull. Though the market is flooded with creams, lotions, and bleaches with the promise to lighten your complexion, most of these products are quite expensive and they contain a host of chemicals. Natural skin whitening remedies, on the other hand, are inexpensive, readily available, and free of harmful chemicals. They can lighten and brighten your skin, besides making your skin soft, supple, and younger looking. So, here are some natural remedies that can help you get a beautiful and radiant complexion.
Lemons have several benefits for the skin. Lemon juice can lighten the skin by acting as a natural bleaching agent. It also cleanses the skin from impurities. Lemons are abundant in vitamin C that can encourage the growth of new cells, while their antioxidant content can help delay the appearance of the signs of aging.To apply lemon juice on your skin, first squeeze out a lemon, and mix the juice with water or rose water. Now, apply the mixture on your face with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Like lemons, tomatoes have bleaching properties. They are rich in many essential vitamins, including vitamin C. Tomatoes can brighten your skin and absorb excess oil from your face. Cut a thick slice of tomato and rub it gently on your face for 5 minutes. Let the juice stay on your face until it dries out. You can also use a tomato to scrub your face. Just dip a slice of tomato in sugar granules, and rub your face with it.
Yogurt and Orange Peel
This is an excellent homemade face pack for anyone trying to get a fair complexion. To make this face pack, grind some dried orange peels, and add yogurt or milk to it, in order to make a paste. Apply the paste on your face, and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. This homemade face pack can help lighten your complexion, besides removing blemishes.
Milk, Honey, and Lemon Juice
The lactic acid found in milk is known for its exfoliating properties, while honey is cherished for its moisturizing properties. Lemon juice on the other hand, can brighten your complexion. So, mix a spoon of milk with equal amounts of honey and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your face and neck, let it stay for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal, Yogurt, and Tomato
Besides improving the health of your digestive system, oatmeal can help you get smoother and more radiant skin. It soothes and lightens the skin. To use oatmeal for skin whitening, you can mix it with yogurt and tomato juice or pulp. Take 1 teaspoon of each ingredient, and make a paste. Apply the paste on your face, keep it for about half an hour, and then wash your face with lukewarm water. This mask is really effective in removing dead skin cells and sun tan.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can help reduce hyperpigmentation. Regular application of aloe vera can make the skin tone even by reducing the appearance of dark patches. It can also accelerate the process of healing by helping rebuild damaged tissues. To obtain the gel, cut off a leaf and remove its outer layers. Now, squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance, and apply it on the dark areas of your face. Keep it for about 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with water.
Turmeric and Lemon Juice
To treat skin damage caused by sunburn, use turmeric powder and lemon juice. Both are excellent bleaching agents for the skin that can lighten your complexion. Turmeric can reduce skin pigmentation and dark spots. Mix about 2 teaspoons turmeric powder with lemon juice, and make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes, before rinsing it off with water.
A Few Other Skin Whitening Remedies
Apart from the remedies mentioned above, you can try the following natural products to improve your skin tone and complexion:
– Mix equal amounts of white vinegar and water to make a solution. Apply it on your skin, and keep it for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
– Make a paste by combining sandalwood powder, and lemon and tomato juice. Apply the paste on your face, and allow it to dry out before washing your face with water.
– Place a few slices of raw potato on your face for a few minutes. This remedy can help remove pigmentation and skin blemishes.
– Make a paste by combining finely ground almonds with honey. Apply it on the face and allow it to dry out completely. Then wash it off with clean water. In place of honey, you can also use milk to make the paste.
– Like lemon juice, cucumber juice is also known for its skin lightening properties. You can use both lemon and cucumber juice to lighten your complexion. This remedy is especially beneficial during the summer days, as cucumber juice has a cooling effect and it can soothe the skin.
– Make a paste of turmeric powder and gram flour by adding a few drops of lemon juice or milk cream to it. Apply this paste on your face, especially on the darker areas of your face, and leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
– Also known as multani mitti, Fuller’s earth is a type of clay that can cleanse your skin, and improve your skin tone. It can remove excess oil from the skin and reduce sun tan. Mix Fuller’s earth with rose water to make a thick paste, and apply it on your face and neck. For best results, allow the paste to stay for 15 to 20 minutes before washing your face with water.
These natural products or remedies can not only make your skin lighter, but alleviate many other skin problems, including blemishes, pigmentation, sunburn, and dark spots as well. Products like almond oil, honey, and milk can help moisturize the skin, and get rid of some common problems associated with dry skin. If included in the regular skin care regimen, these remedies can improve skin tone and complexion, and make your skin younger looking. Drinking plenty of water can also help, as water is known to remove toxic substances from the body, and hydrate the skin.